Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sustainability

My tree is not surrounded by other trees. It is surrounded more by artificial, man made materials rather than other natural entities. Usually trees are seen together, i.e. a forest, but my tree was placed where it is for aesthetic reasons. Other trees in my community are placed in the same spots as you go down the row of apartments; it looks pretty uniform. But what are the ways my entity can promote environmental sustainability if improved. Trees help sustain the environment by reducing carbon dioxide in the environment they are present. By adding more trees near my tree, it can help promote a more sustainable environment. Also by having more trees next to my apartment, they can help shade it from sunlight during hot summer days. In the winter, the trees can help prevent cold winds from making my apartment colder. Trees seem to be the best thing for the environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment